Sunday, June 9, 2013

TELEPHONE, CLANDESTINI, SHORT STORY, SARFRAZ BAIG






                                Telephone

Leonardo Da Vinci was getting old. His all friends had girl friends and some of them were married. He was very much worried about this because he was the most famous painter, architect, sculptor and mathematician of his time. At that time he was living in a small town called Vinci which wasn't very far from Florence. Than Leonardo's family they move to Florence. There were lots of opportunities in Florence. Here he met with Michael Angelo, Donatello and Raffaello. Bit by bit he got acquainted with people. Once his all friends decided to go discotheque called YAB which was very famous discotheque of Florence. There Leonardo met with very beautiful and young girl. Her name was Mona Lisa. He asked her for dancing and she accepted his offer. Then they started talking each other, lastly they exchanged their phone numbers.
Raffaello, Donatello and Michael Angelo were very curious about this that at last Leonardo found a girl friend. They started asking him different questions.
Next day Leonardo phoned her just to check it whether it's real number or fake one. She picked up the phone. Leonardo and Mona Lisa were talking formally.
Leonardo said, "Can we see each other".
She said, "Look Leonardo first of all I don't know you very well, second thing is that I am very young third thing is that my father is very strict person. The day you saw me in discotheque, it was like miracle because I told my dad that I am preparing for exams so that's why I will stay at my friend’s place, even though he accompanied me with governess. So we can talk on phone after 10 "O" clock in the morning and then after 4 "O" clock in the evening and keep in mind if someone else picks up the phone, don't say anything, understand".
Leonardo was sensible person so he got the point. It were hardly couple of months and Leonardo got a chance to go to France's famous city of artists's Paris.
Leonardo phoned Mona Lisa, "Look I am going to Paris for work because in Italy I don't have many opportunities".
Mona Lisa started crying and said, "I wish you all the best for your better future but don't indulge yourself in bad things like Moulin Rouge, Pigalle and things like these".
Leonardo said, "I will follow your advice".
Than Leonardo went to Paris, from there he used to phone Mona Lisa quite often. After staying couple of months in Paris, Leonardo went to London.
He phoned Mona Lisa, look I am in London and I left my art work because now days it's hard to survive as an artist so I am doing other things to earn my living. There is another thing to tell you that Michael Angelo and Raffaello are with me as well.
During his stay in London, Leonardo had great experience of life. He has seen many paintings and books of different world. He met with many girls but his relationship with Mona Lisa was still vigorous and energetic. 
One day Mona Lisa asked Leonardo, will you marry me.
Leonardo was almost nowhere, like on the horns of dilemma. He asked her what about your father. She said, “It’s my problem. I will sort it out, if not, I am old enough to decide, so you don't need to worry. Trust me. Leonardo was thinking as a matter of fact he wants to marry someone, why not Mona Lisa. He said for me it's ok but I am still worried, you won't be able to make it. She said, I can lose anything but not you. I never realises it that I am madly in love with you. When you left Florence, I realised afterward that you are made for me.
After staying four years in London, Leonardo decided to go back to Florence. When he told Raffaello and Michael Angelo they said it's not a good idea, you will suffer because women are not very strong. As you know it's men's world. This is her illusion and fantasy. Leonardo was very romantic; he left everything and went back to Florence.
Mona Lisa and Leonardo Da Vinci both of them were living in Corso Italia. Their houses were very near.
Leonardo phoned her, "Hi, Mona Lisa I am in Florence, can I see you".
She said, "Leonardo, I am very sorry I can't marry you because I have some family problem, please forgive me".
Leonardo got stunned, "Mona I left everything for you, even my best friends Michael Angelo and Raffaello and my job as well. I have nothing and now you are saying that you can't marry me. You ruined my life. Leonardo I am very sorry but I can't leave my father. He is old man. I am sacrificing my love for my father. When I asked you for marrying at that things were different. Circumstances were different but now the whole scene has been changed. We can be good friend if you like.
.....................................
Leonardo was very upset and shattered. He never even dreamt that his life will be like that. Then he accepted it like this was his fate and destiny. He forgave her but not really because he didn't have any choice. Still they were friends.
One day Mona Lisa phoned him and said, "Look Leonardo we are leaving Corso Italia and moving towards Certosa".
While they were shifting their house, Leonardo helped them and like that he saw some other scenes of their life. Mona Lisa was very different at home. He got acquainted with her father like that he became Mona Lisa's father's friend.
After staying few months in Certosa area they came back to Corso Italia because Certosa was in the outskirts of Florence. Leonardo was very happy that his Mona Lisa was coming back to Corso Italia; even she didn’t belong to him.
So like that Leonardo used to go to her home quite often. They used to talk for hours and used to eat together but one thing was strange for Leonardo that Mona Lisa had an addiction of talking on telephone. Sometime she used to talk on phone for hours; she never missed any call because she had this special system in her phone of call waiting. Many time it happened that Leonardo got annoyed but then he used to convince himself that she isn't my wife or fiancé so I can't object anyway. I am not going to marry her, we are just friend.
During Leonardo’s stay in Italy, he used to go to Siena, Perugia, Arezzo, Venezia and Pisa; he never missed to call her. He never understood that what sort of relationship was this. Was it love, Infatuation or lust? Finally he decided to go back to London. He told Mona Lisa that I am going back to London. In Italy I am not making enough money. If you would have married me I would have started new life which you can't do. So I have decided to go London, at there at least I will be making some money to survive. In Florence as you are close to I and I can't concentrate on my work. I will meet with Raffaello and Michel Angelo as well. You know they have made their CD's of their artistic work and they are on internet as well. On the other hand I am doing nothing. I am still the same.
Mona Lisa was crying while Leonardo Da Vinci was leaving. Leonardo said I will phone you, don't worry.
Leonardo Da Vinci was again in London. He started working at the same place where he used to work before. Raffaello and Michel Angelo were very happy to see their friend and they said, forget Mona Lisa. You will find many Mona Lisas here. Raffaello told him that I know a girl called La Velata. You can ask her out if you like her. Leonardo refused to do this because he was very upset, British government sent him letter that you left England without our permission so this time you can't live in London. You have to leave this country. Leonardo was paying and suffering a lot because of his one sided love story. He was in debts. He phoned Mona Lisa’s father that I am in trouble what shall I do. Her father said, come back to Italy. We will do something but Mona Lisa said, don't listen to my dad, stay there even illegal, it doesn't matter. You will find some solution.
At last he had to leave London, so he came to Florence again at same Corso Italia.
He met her. She was crying, please forgive me, I am the culprit. I ruined your life.
While these things were happening to Leonardo Da Vinci, everyone in Florence was watching and enjoying their pain and agony. Leonardo's sister Camille Paglia asked this time to Leonardo that we will find someone for you like this you will start your new life. Forget London and Paris, you can live in Florence. You can make money, you can survive, and you are an artist.
Leonardo's sister and father went to Mona Lisa’s father asked her hand for Leonardo Da Vinci and he accepted the proposal. When Camille Paglia told Leonardo he was very happy and on the other hand Mona Lisa was very happy. For them it was like miracle. Mona’s father was aware of their love affair but he never said anything because he thought maybe I am wrong but Leonardo was in his good books since very long not as a son in law but as a good person.
Leonardo called Raffaello, Michel Angelo and Donatello. They came with their wives and the most astonishing thing was that that Raffeallo's wife was La Velata.
Leonardo Da Vinci requested his family that I will do my wedding like Indian style. Everyone got shocked, what is this Indian style of wedding. Leonardo told them, when I was in London, I met with many Asian people. Their wedding style is entirely different from us. They do rusme henna (henna ceremony) of both, bride and bride groom separately. Than Barat ( they go to girl's place, bride's parent serve them lunch or dinner as per programme and next day they invite bride's parent and family for lunch or dinner which is called Valema.
Both families hired a big hall close to Verdi Theatre. It was nicely decorated and a deejay was playing Indian music. Mona's friends and Leonardo's friends were enjoying and dancing. The most favourite songs were of Ricky Martin and Tarkan.
Mona Lisa was wearing yellow shalwar qameez (baggy trouser and long shirt up to knees) and her whole skin was pasted with ubptan (a yellow paste made of gram flour and turmeric) and her friends were painting her hands with henna and they were making fascinating designs. On the other hand Leonardo was wearing orange shalwar qameez. This day passed happily and everyone enjoyed the party.
The next thing was wedding ceremony. In the morning first thing they did, both families went to the big church Santa Maria Nouvella. The priest read the bible and then pronounced them as a husband and wife instead of Mona Lisa and Leonardo.
Their wedding night was arranged in Ritz of Paris by Mona's father as a wedding gift.
..................................
Leonardo and Mona both of them entered in the room. It was the most beautiful room both of them have ever seen.
Leonardo said to Mona Lisa, "I have special gift for you".
She opened the box and it was mobile phone. Instead of saying anything, Mona Lisa opened her beauty box, removed the back of the mobile and inserted her sim card and as she inserted the sim card, her friends started calling. Leonardo was very tired, so he slept soon. He woke up at 4 "O" clocks in the morning and Mona Lisa was still talking with someone on phone.
.......................................
After couple of years
Now Leonardo and Mona were living in Siena. Phone was ringing, she picked up the phone and said, "You can phone me in the morning from 10 to 1 "O" clock because during this period my husband is at work.
After 20 years
Now Leonardo and Mona are in Perugia and phone was ringing. Mona picked up the phone and said, "You can call me when I pick up the phone otherwise not because my son and husband, they don't like it.
After 30 years
Now Leonardo and Mona are in Rome. The phone is ringing. Mona is nearly seventy years old and she has grand children and Leonardo isn't alive. She picked up the phone, her grandson wanted to interrupt her but she didn't care.
After death
Mona was in her grave and two angles were asking her questions and phone beside her was ringing, instead of responding them she started chatting.
In front of God
Mona Lisa was in front of God and two angels were holding her. God this lady has equal sins and good deeds. Where shall we send her, heaven or hell? While they were asking this, the telephone set next to God started ringing. God wanted to pick up the phone but suddenly Mona Lisa said, should be mine, don't pick up the phone. Should be mine don't pick up the phone, should be mine, don't pick up the phone. She woke up and picked up the phone and said thanks God it was a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment